Saturday 11 May 2013

A poem by me against racism

Hello audience!

Sorry I haven't been on in ages, but I've just been far too busy with all this exam prep and homework teachers regularly lob at you. An anti racism charity came in earlier this week and encouraged us to write poems. Here's mine. I hope you like it. If you do, please comment!


God said we were equally created, it makes me so frustrated!
Why should people fight for the color of their skin?
If only they could see what they’re like within!
Now I’m not like Elton John or Billy Bragg,
This Racism, is taking the mick out of our flag!
Quick snap! Quick crack, please end this complication!
Black and white could again unite, one big reformation.

Love Music. Hate Racism

26/01/14 UPDATE

It's been almost a year since I came up with the idea for the poem, and in September last year, in one of the school assemblies, I won 1st prize for it. 1st prize, yeah! I only got a tshirt for it, that was too big, but I don't really mind. What counts is the fact that I took part.

No comments:

Post a Comment